It Never Snows (The Gamers SCS)
It Never Snows is a Standard Combat Series (SCS) game covering the pivotal Market Garden offensive in September, 1944. Using a system based on the well-received SCS Game Bastogne, It Never Snows covers the landings and ground offensive endeavoring to link up with them at 600m per hex with units generally companies. Each turn is half a day making for a 17 turn campaign game (uniquely playable among Market Garden games).
- Campaign. All five maps, all 17 turns. The full meal with players selecting their own landing sites.
- Historical Drop Zones Campaign. Almost the same as the above, only with the actual drop sites listed so that players can see the real thing and not have to do that planning themselves.
- Sept 18: Foothold. Here the initial drops have already happened and the battle is underway. By passing on the first turn air drops, this is a much quicker version of the campaign.
- Sept 20: High Water Mark. This 12 turn game places the player in the shoes of the Allies at the very moment the success (or failure) of the campaign is determined.
- The Witches Cauldron. A small map area scenario covering the defense of Oosterbeek.
- Hold Until Relieved. The battle for Arnhem in a small map area and only 6 turns.
- Hail Mary, Full of Grace. A small area, 6 turn scenario covering the 82 Abn Division’s crossing of the Waal river and the effort of the Gds Armored Division to link up with them through Nijmegen.
- Hell’s Highway. A small map area, 8 turn game covering the German attempts to cut the XXX Corps supply line.
- SCS Series Rulebook
- Game Specific Rulebook
- Five Full Color 22" x 34" Game Maps
- Four Full Color 11" x 17" Play Aides (Air Drop Planning, Allied Reinforcement, and two German Reinforcement)
- 840 Counters
- Box and Dice